Jan 16, 2015
Friends of the Library (FOL) is looking for the right person to become a part-time Warehouse Associate. This position sorts, packs, moves and prepares books for FOL’s key resale channels: third party online sales vendor, library branch lobby sales, the Library Store and the Big Book Sale. This is a physical position that involves continual lifting, lowering and moving of books and other material. Minimum Qualifications:
- 16 years of age (work permit required for minors)
- Warehouse experience; knowledge of books, both classification and value, preferred
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Background check
The complete job description can be found here: Part-Time Warehouse Associate. Interested candidates should complete and submit the Library Store Employment Application with resume to LibraryStore@columbuslibrary.org by March 31, 2015.
Nov 18, 2014
Come join us in the Carnegie Gallery to see the new juried show of Ohio artists and cast your vote for the People’s Choice Award. The Show runs from November 19 – January 10. Vote for the People’s Choice award through January 3rd and attend the Award Ceremony on January 10 to view the winners!
Aug 19, 2014
Posted by columbusfol under Library Store
Leave a Comment
Friends of the Columbus Metropolitan Library (FOL) is hiring a part-time Manager for the Library Store.
This position manages all aspects of the Library Store and used book sales for FOL. Management responsibilities include marketing and advertising, buying/inventory management, merchandising, budgeting/invoice processing, and personnel staffing and supervision. This position will have the opportunity to partner with the FOL Board in establishing strategies and operational models that will launch the store to a more profitable model with revenue benefiting FOL funding supporting CML programs and priorities.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- 2 years of retail management and supervisory experience; book store experience preferred
- Work requires the ability to take initiative and utilize sound judgment
- Position requires the ability to establish self as a leader, to not only perform in a leadership role, but to also be recognized by others as a leader
- Must be able to work in a team environment with the ability to interact well, and in a positive manner, with co-workers, FOL Board, and CML staff
- Must have demonstrated sales initiative
- Ability to analyze financial and sales data and draw future purchasing and pricing recommendations from the data
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate business reports and summaries to the FOL Board
- Ability to coach and develop sales team to deliver quality customer experience aligned with the CML customer strategy
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Position includes cash and credit handling and will require a background check
The complete job description can be found here.
Interested candidates should complete and submit the Library Store Employment Application_2014 with resume to LibraryStore@columbuslibrary.org.
Jul 24, 2014
Join the Friends of the Library for the a new show entitled Origins of Abstraction. Opening reception will be on August 7 from 6-8 in the Carnegie Gallery. The show will run from August 7 through September 19th. Don’t miss it!
Jun 11, 2014
On Saturday, June 14, join the Friends of the Library as we celebrate the re-opening of the newly renovated and restocked Library Store. Check out the new merchandise and use the coupon below to get 25% off one item. The celebration begins before PBJ & Jazz – two great reasons to head down to the Main Branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library this weekend.
The Library Store Grand Re-Opening begins Saturday, June 14.
Jun 9, 2014
Posted by columbusfol under Uncategorized
Leave a Comment
May 9, 2014
Postcard Image is from the 1918 Columbus Art League annual exhibition at the library.
Columbus Metropolitan Library and the Friends of the Library proudly present:
OHIO ART LEAGUE SPRING JURIED EXHIBITION
Since 1910, OAL’s annual juried exhibitions have been the backbone of the organization’s artistic programming, showcasing contemporary work by Ohio artists. Our Juror for the Spring Juried Exhibition in 2014 is Denny Griffith, President of Columbus College of Art and Design. We are honored that it will be his last juried exhibition as President of CCAD.
SHOW DATES: May 7-June 27, 2014
OPENING RECEPTION: Thursday, May 15, 6-8 p.m.
96 S. Grant Ave.
Carnegie Gallery, 2nd Floor