Donate your gently used books, audiobooks, and DVDs to Friends of the Library. Your donations are sold at Big Book Sales, the Library Store, and at every library location. Proceeds from these sales help support library programs and fund future levy campaigns which ensure the library will remain open to all.
Donated items can be dropped off at any Columbus Metropolitan Library location. No need to make an appointment – just stop by during regular hours. Material donations are tax deductible and a staff person can provide a tax receipt. Please note that you must be able to transport your donations from your vehicle into the library.
All donations must be in good, clean condition.
If you have questions about donating, please email email@example.com.
- Hardback & Paperback Fiction
- Hardback & Paperback Nonfiction
- Oversized Books
- Leather-bound Books
- Dictionaries & Reference Books
- Foreign Language Books
- Travel Books (less than 10 years old)
- Textbooks (less than 10 years old)
- Computer & Technology Books (less than 5 years old)
- Volume Books in full sets
- Rare & Antiquarian Books
- Special Collection Books
We Cannot Accept:
- Advanced Reader & Galley Proofs
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Activity Books
- Academic Journals
- Sheet Music
- Non-ISBN Book Club Editions
- VHS Tapes
- Vinyl Albums
- Music Cassettes & CDs
- Law Books
- Medical Books
If you would like to donate items that we do not accept, we encourage you to contact temporary shelters, community centers, prisons, churches, or free stores.