About Friends of the Columbus Metropolitan Library:
Friends of the Library (FOL) builds awareness and resources to champion the mission of Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML), funding critical programs such as Summer Reading Challenge, Homework Help Centers and Teen Read Week. FOL also provides support for CML levy campaigns. FOL generates revenue via the Library Store, used books sales, memberships, and special events. All revenue supports the library.
The Warehouse Associate position is the conduit between materials and customers. The position ensures that FOL activities support the mission of the organization. Primary responsibilities are to sort library and donation materials in an accurate and prompt manner; place into appropriate containers to ensure delivery to the proper revenue channel; and communication with team members.
- Coordinates and guides volunteers in warehouse location.
- Utilizes computer applications that include Microsoft Office and Vend point of sale.
- Utilizes e-mail and voicemail to maintain open channels of communication.
- Unpack, sort and send discarded and donated books to the appropriate resale channel.
- Oversee distribution of used materials to online vendor for resale.
- Sort, individually price, and deliver used books and materials to the Library Store.
- Sort and distribute used books to library branches for lobby sales.
- Sort and collect material for Big Book Sales to the required level and record progress.
- Transport books to Easton to fill the book cart.
- Coordinates and fills requests from library staff for new merchandise to sell at the branches.
- Monitors vendor plans. Communicates changes to vendor, reviews materials received for accuracy, keeps supervisor informed of problems.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks including cycle counts, month-end inventory, year-end physical inventory and read/respond to library communications.
- Maintains a safe, organized and clean environment in the warehouse and storage area.
- Assists with special events and performs additional duties as assigned.
- Remains flexible and able to adapt to adjusted priorities, delays or changes in direction.
- Works in collaboration with members of the CML team and FOL Board of Trustees as required.
- Warehouse experience; knowledge of books, both classification and value preferred.
- Intermediate computer skills, Microsoft Office, website navigation and email use required. Cash register experience preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Reliable transportation required.
This position is part-time, non-exempt. Work schedule is variable; normal work week is up to 25 hours with possible overtime as needed and approved. Evenings and weekends required.